What is a private ambulance?
A private ambulance is a transportation solution for transporting the disabled, the elderly, and people with reduced mobility from place to place.
This type of ambulance is defined as a safe transport for medical emergencies, equipped according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health and providing maximum comfort for the person transported in it.
In most cases, the purpose of contacting a private ambulance service is to transport patients in order to allow them to attend certain events under constant medical supervision. The reason for this may actually be the need to be accompanied by medical personnel, but it may also be due to the need to transport the patient in a bed or wheelchair, a service that cannot be achieved with standard transport services such as taxis or private cars.
When is a private ambulance needed?
The private ambulance may be needed for various small or large events.
When receiving an invitation to a certain event, it is important to prepare for it appropriately and take into account the restrictions on arriving at and returning from the venue.
The private ambulance is also called a phone ambulance. Its services can be ordered in advance according to the needs and time convenience.
In general, the private ambulances are used to provide services such as:
- transportation of sick and injured people to hospitals
- first aid to the wounded/injured person
- medical safety in a given territorial area
- emergency services in the residence area of the client who orders this kind of service
What is the importance of the private ambulance?
The importance of the private ambulance is crucial in every case, no matter the severity of it, out of basic concern for patient safety, as well as quick and efficient transporting to the nearest hospital by necessity. The private ambulance provides a solution for emergencies that may occur on the way to a particular event. Therefore, it is necessary to know that the professional staff in the ambulance knows how to provide the person who ordered the service with the treatment they need in a thoughtful and reasonable way.
It is important to make sure that the private ambulance company has the necessary insurance, including professional liability insurance and permission to operate ambulances in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Health. In addition, the private ambulance company is required to provide an ambulance team, which must include a paramedic driver and a first aid provider and both of them must have valid qualification certificates. These are the criteria required for providing emergency medical care by ambulance.
In recent years, there has been a growing demand for private ambulances for the elderly, whether for standard house-to-house transportation or for events such as weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc.
In which regions of the country can private ambulance services be ordered?
Private ambulance companies operate on a large scale in Israel. There are about 100 companies throughout Israel providing services with private ambulances. There are large companies that operate multiple ambulances over a large area, while others have one ambulance that provides local services. Among the companies working in this area are such as Ezer Metzion, Shachal, Natali, Monitor, Poriya Hospital Private Ambulance in the north of the country, Rafael, Achva, and many others. Providing a response to the sick, the injured, and the elderly in this sense is complex.
Who is the private ambulance intended for?
The private ambulance service is intended for the elderly, for people with reduced mobility, with chronic diseases, and for the disabled.
The ideal solution for this target audience is the use of private ambulance services.
The phone ambulance can provide these people with the most convenient ambulance services, both for day-to-day and routine matters and for medical emergencies.
Nowadays, it is possible to help any person with no age and weight limit to get to a particular event through the phone ambulance services.
What services do private ambulances offer?
Private ambulances provide many services. The main ones are:
- Transportation of disabled people with reduced mobility in a wheelchair
- Transportation of patients throughout the country to nursing homes and medical institutions such as clinics, hospitals, and testing centers
- Transportation of the elderly and infirm to the airport and their escort until boarding the plane
- Transportation of sick, elderly and disabled people who need medical supervision, and their protection on excursions and events
- Transportation of patients with oxygen
- Transportation to intensive care units
- Transportation related to the care of the deceased, such as: transportation of the deceased, tombstones, funeral arrangements, etc.
The ambulance service costs may vary dynamically. They can range from 300 shekels and reach 2000 shekels. The final cost of the service depends on the distance traveled, the duration of the trip, on what time of day the trip takes place (the morning or the evening), for which some companies can charge an extra cost, the type of transport and the equipment that is used during the trip.
In general, it is highly recommended to compare different price quotes in order to understand which is the most affordable option.
In cases where there is a need for permanent and long-term services, including transportation for frequent visits to clinics and institutions, some private ambulance companies offer discounted prices or subscriptions. It is recommended to check with the health maintenance clinic in which cases the client is entitled to compensation or refund, and if the client has private insurance, he should check whether the policy includes participation in the private ambulance’s costs. Clients who are hospitalized as a result of such trips will be reimbursed at their health maintenance clinic, even if they were transported to the hospital by the private ambulance.
Why to choose the private ambulance services?
When choosing a private ambulance service, it is advisable and desirable to consider four critical points:
- Availability – first and foremost, the private ambulance is available for the fastest and most efficient transportation of patients to the destination
- Service – private ambulance companies provide a personal and quality service that is not always available in other similar services
- Equipment – auxiliary equipment, beds, and wheelchairs that are permanently in private ambulances have the highest quality standards in the field of medical equipment.